Regional Campus Manager – Red Deer
Are you a natural born leader? Do you enjoy working in a team environment to help people change their life? Do you have experience working in other colleges or not for profit training programs? Bredin College is a Private Career College that gives opportunities for people to earn diplomas in under a year. We have a strong core set of values and we pride ourselves in the excellent education and service we provide to every student. This is a leadership opportunity in a growing company that now has four campuses across Alberta.
The Campus manager will be responsible for maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty and the public at their campus. The Campus Manager provides exceptional leadership, and fosters a customer services oriented culture.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversees the daily operations and activities of the campus including: Student Academics, Student Financial Services, Admissions, and Career Services.
- Oversees student record maintenance and reporting on academic and financial matters
- Assists with the development and publication of the academic master schedule
- Evaluates the workflow processes and customer service levels of the campus and make changes and adjustments as needed to maintain efficient student satisfaction
- Supervises and develops the campus staff, facilitating professional opportunities to improve individual capability and managing performance against job accountabilities, department goals and established corporate and campus policies and procedures
- Recruit, review and evaluate credentials of prospective employees and make recommendations for employment.
- Prepare regional campus operations budget and forecasts and explain all budget variances.
- Manages the key metrics of the campus. Key metrics include new student enrollment, retention, revenue, operating income, operating margin, new programs, program rollout, graduate employment rate, graduate starting salaries, and student, graduate and employer satisfaction
- Campus contact for Alberta Advanced Education, Alberta Private Vocational Schools Branch and Alberta Student Finance
- Ensure complete campus compliance with Private Vocational Schools Act and corporate policies and procedures.
- Understand, establish and implement all policies and procedures established for the college.
- Maintains a desirable, attractive and safe campus environment. Ensures facilities are well maintained.
- Establish a rapport with educational institutions, community agencies, and industry to achieving the college’s goals and objectives.
- Participates in the development of new programs or activities which affect the future of the college, and makes recommendations to CEO and VP.
- Maintain a local social media presence
- Plan, host and implement career fairs, and other student/guest related gatherings and graduation events through the year.
- General office conditions with occasional light lifting when required
- High computer use
- Periods of standing and sitting may be required
- Some travel and industry networking is required
Education & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience required
- Minimum of three years of experience in private post-secondary education
- Previous supervisory experience in private post-secondary education is preferred
- Demonstrated success in admissions, financial aid, and/or business management
- Knowledge of private post-secondary education business model
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making, particularly an ability to amicably resolve challenging situations
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills