Get the Skills to Be a Medical Office Assistant with Unit Clerk
Morning & Afternoon Online Classes Available
42 Week* Medical Office Assistant with Unit Clerk Career Training Program
Medical Office Assistants, sometimes called Medical Office Administrators or Unit Clerks, play an important role in the health care system and keep medical offices running smoothly.
If you are organized, enjoy helping others and are looking to get established in a steady, professional career in a short time, training as a Medical Office Assistant with Unit Clerk could be an excellent opportunity.
$1000 Scholarships Available for a Limited Time!
$600 Use Your Own Device Credit Automatically Credited to Your Account Upon Start!
- Apr 12th, 2021Medical Office Assistant with Unit Clerk: Morning Bredin College - Calgary 500, 744 - 4th Avenue SW Calgary AB Canada T2P 3T4 Get the hands-on clinical and administrative training to be an asset to any medical office. Feel confident and fully prepared to join this fast-growing field.https://bredincollege.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/medical-office-assistant-hero.jpgBredin College
- Apr 12th, 2021Medical Office Assistant with Unit Clerk: Evening Bredin College - Calgary 500, 744 - 4th Avenue SW Calgary AB Canada T2P 3T4 Get the hands-on clinical and administrative training to be an asset to any medical office. Feel confident and fully prepared to join this fast-growing field.https://bredincollege.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/medical-office-assistant-hero.jpgBredin College
- Apr 15th, 2021Medical Office Assistant with Unit Clerk: Morning Bredin College - Calgary 500, 744 - 4th Avenue SW Calgary AB Canada T2P 3T4 Get the hands-on clinical and administrative training to be an asset to any medical office. Feel confident and fully prepared to join this fast-growing field.https://bredincollege.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/medical-office-assistant-hero.jpgBredin College
The best way to see if Bredin College is the right fit for you is to come in and tour the school. You can tour our facilities, meet with both students and instructors. Schedule a tour now or Get more info.
Become a Qualified Medical Office Assistant and Unit Clerk
The Medical Office Assistant with Unit Clerk Diploma Program from Bredin College provides hands-on training, clinical experience and industry support it takes to pursue a rewarding career in health care, without spending years in school.
Classes are led by dedicated instructors with years of experience working in the field. As a student, you will train on industry-current software and get up-to-date skills in areas employers look for, including:
- Keyboarding & Introduction to Computers
- Microsoft Office Skills – Outlook, Word Core and Excel Core
- Business Writing
- Skills For Success
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Office & Clinical Procedures
- Alberta Health Care Billing
- Medical Transcription
- Health Unit Coordination
- Career Strategies
- First Aid Training
- Practicum Placement
Plus, you will receive specialized Unit Clerk training. As a skilled Unit Clerk you will be prepared to pursue rewarding hospital positions. Training as both a Medical Office Administrator and Hospital Unit Clerk can open more doors to potential employment opportunities.
Don’t Miss a Beat! Stay Home and Continue Your Education With Live, Interactive Online Classes
Bredin is here to help you complete your program during this extraordinary time. We have adapted to an online delivery method, so you do not experience interruption to your education and career goals.
Learn about how you can take advantage of our live, interactive online classes with individual support given by expert instructors tailored to your learning needs.
As a graduate of this program you will have the knowledge and ability required to obtain entry-level employment in a variety of interesting health care settings, including:
- Physicians’ Offices
- Nursing Homes
- Community Health Centres
- Dental Offices
- Insurance Companies
- Optometrist and Other Specialties Offices
Medical clerical positions are also available in research and care agencies, pharmaceutical firms, medical supply firms and related service businesses.
Medical Office Assistant students at Bredin take part in a 4-week practicum through hospitals, medical clinics and doctors’ offices. Gain on-the-job experience alongside working health care professionals.
A professional practicum can be a great way to get a feel for your new career and make helpful industry connections before you graduate.
Is a Career as a Medical Office Professional Right for You? Take the Bredin "Medical Office Professional Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you will get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you are best suited for. Get your Medical Office Career Training Readiness Score Now >>
Get Help to Fund Your Education
Education is one of the most important investments you can make. Don’t let your financial situation stand in the way of your education. Many students require some form of financial assistance.
The dedicated Financial Aid team at Bredin College will help you through the financing process and discuss funding options with you such as Student Aid, personal line of credit or loan, or RESP’s. They will take time to personally assist in determining which financial option is right for you. Once this is decided they work with you to help secure funding before starting your program.
I began this journey unemployed, and depressed, unhappy with the way my life was going until I learnt of the wonderful opportunity at Bredin College. I am walking away more confident, happy and excited to use my knowledge and new found skills in my new career. Staff are amazing, compassionate and kind hearted people who deserve all the recognition in their work.
Get the Support of a Proven Employment Leader
Our roots are in employment solutions. Our parent company, Bredin Centre for Learning, has been an employment leader in Alberta for over 40 years. We’ve helped thousands of people get the tools and support it takes to secure rewarding professional positions.
As a Bredin College student and graduate you will benefit from the resources and rich network of employer connections Bredin has developed over the years. Our Career Placement staff have the skills to help you every step of the way, from developing a standout resume to job hunting, interview techniques and more!
Is a Rewarding Career in Medical Office Assisting Right for You? Get More Info…
If you are interested in learning more about a career as a Medical Office Assistant with Unit Clerk and exploring whether Bredin College is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful Admissions Representative would be happy to answer any questions you have.
For immediate questions, call:
*Program length when completed in normal time.