Main duties of a Unit Clerk
You will often meet the Unit Clerk at any nursing station. The Unit Clerk is a vital link between doctors, nurses and patients. They are the ones that ensure proper organization. A more detailed list of Unit Clerk tasks include:
- Making sure that everything is transmitted clearly by processing Physician’s orders for patient care. This may include medication, physical therapy, nutrition, social work, pain management, and home care.
- Keeping track and recording patients information, from medical records, medical history, and vital stats such as temperature, pulse rate and blood pressure.
- Managing time sheets of unit personnel.
- Coordinating patient admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Answering and transmitting phone calls
- Ordering office equipment and managing inventory.
Why Choose a Career as a Medical Office Assistant with Unit Clerk
Medical Office Assistant with Unit Clerk will open more doors to potential employment opportunities and will prepare you to pursue a rewarding career in hospital positions.
Demand for Medical Office Assistant with Unit Clerk is in High Demand in Alberta.