Community Support Worker Instructor – Red Deer
- Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Compassionate – Shows concern and empathy in a supportive manner to colleagues and clients.
- Continuous Improvement – Strives to improve job responsibilities through developing skills and increasing
- Cultural Sensitivity – Promotes an inclusive environment exemplified by understanding all cultural groups.
- Leadership – Works well with a wide range of individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement, and
- Organization – Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily
- Results Orientation – Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved by
meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals, and objectives, as well as the
performance and/or achievements of others.
- Facilitate Community Support Worker core curriculum
- Address student questions, focusing on areas of greatest difficulty
- Assess needs, set goals, and formulate plans of action for student improvement, and follow up and provide
feedback on individual progress
- Act as a positive role model
- Maintain a safe, clean, welcoming, and positive learning environment at all times
- Provide students with moral support and encouragement
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Social Services or Health Care related fields.
- Three years of related experience
- Previous experience in a Facilitator, Training and/or Instructor role is preferred.
- Energetic, self directed and is familiar with Community Support Workerd principles.
- Broad knowledge of teaching methods
- Ability to recognize individual learning styles and the characteristics of learners
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion