Community Engagement Scholarship
Recognizing Students’ Commitment to Public Service and Voluntary Endeavours.
At Bredin College, we believe in more than our students’ academic achievements and award our students for their dedication to their community.
An applicant must:
- be a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible)
- be 17 years of age or older
- meet program requirements
- have received a conditional acceptance letter from Bredin College
- enroll in the April 2022 Intake
The applicant must have displayed outstanding characteristics in:
- community service and/or engagement in volunteer work, and must also have shown initiative and had a positive impact on the community/school
Note: Academic achievement is not a requirement for this award
To be considered for the Community Commitment Award, students must submit a Scholarship Application, reference letter and essay to email@example.com with the subject “Community Engagement Scholarship”. The submitted essay can be in written or video format, describing how the student has contributed to their community; this could be through volunteering, sports and recreation, fundraising, the arts, community projects, etc. All essays must be specific and cannot be about contributions associated with Bredin College.
Written Essay Requirements:
- 12 pt font
- Times New Roman
- Double Spaced
- 1000 words
Video Essay Requirements:
- 1-2 minutes
- .mov or .mp4
Letter of Reference Requirements
In order to qualify, the reference writer must have:
- known the applicant for more than a year
- not be an immediate relative
- not reside in the same household
- be able to speak on community involvement
Application Deadline: April 22, 2022
Looking for Financial Assistance? Get More Info…
If you are interested in learning more about your financial assistance options and exploring whether Bredin College is right for you, head to the Financial Aid page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call: