Program Leader – Edmonton
Closing Date: May 20, 2022
Location: Edmonton, AB
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Schedule: Monday to Friday – Day Shift
The Program Leader is primarily responsible for the daily leadership of instructors, LMS staff and the Academic Specialist alongside assisting with college curriculum maintenance as well as coordinating and facilitating instruction. Reporting to the Dean of Academics, the Program Leader has a critical role to play in the Faculty
- Determine instructional needs and lead the hiring of new instructors.
- Lead classroom observations and provide feedback to Instructors for continuous improvement.
- Ongoing monitoring of student feedback and engaging instructors for course and program improvement.
- Ability to negotiate instructor contracts and wages.
- Onboarding new instructors and other instructor training-related activities.
- Working with instructors to manage student complaints.
- Ensuring D2L is updated and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all grades in on time and working with instructors to get this done on time.
- Ordering and maintaining academic materials such as books and other materials needed.
- Assist with learning materials uploading and hiring of subject matter experts to support all learning modalities at the college (self-paced, in-person and online groups).
- Coordinate program offerings and program schedules in collaboration with the team.
- Maintain and update the central repository of instructional materials.
- Assist in program curriculum updates and course content spot checks to ensure program accreditation standards are upheld.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education preferred or 3 years industry experience with a Diploma qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in operations and administration.
- Consultative and collaborative work style with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships internally and externally.
- Experience working on a learning management platform is an asset.
- Understanding of academic quality assurance principles and proven experience managing complex academic projects.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with emphasis on editing and final proofreading.
- Ability to handle challenging priorities.
- Strong Computer skills – MS Office, D2L and other related platforms.
- Health Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- RRSP Contributions
- Work-Life Balance