Do you have a passion for education and thrive on creating a culture of excellence? Are you looking for a dynamic career in helping people achieve their educational goals? Bredin College of Business and Health Care is looking for an enthusiastic Admissions Advisor to join their team! Based out of our Spruce Grove Campus, our Admissions Advisor will represent Bredin College in supporting and guiding prospective students through the application and admission process. The Admission Advisor will assess students’ skills, education and career goals to guide them to choose the best education program.
Bredin College of Business and Health Care is located in Edmonton, Spruce Grove and Red Deer. We offer full-time training Diplomas in Office Assistant, Medical Office Assistant with Unit Clerk, Computerized Accounting, Community Social Worker and Legal Assistant. Offering small class sizes, the full commitment from our knowledgeable team provides students with all of the support and resources required for successful course completion and job placement in Alberta’s job market.
What are the main responsibilities for this role?
• Interacting through telephone/web inquiries: answering questions, providing information, and guiding prospective students through the admission process in a timely manner
• Following up on leads to ensure that prospective students are provided with all the required information
• Actively promoting the College programs by attending in-house programs as well as marketing and recruitment activities
• Conducting admissions interviews and tours
• Enroling students who meet program eligibility
• Demonstrating friendly, congenial and supportive attitude towards clients, colleagues and management
• Providing information regarding financial aid options and assisting students throughout the application and overall funding process
• Checking and maintaining student status files on Extranet
• Accepting manual payments and recording them as required
• Coordinating with other Student and Financial Advisors and the Accounting Department regarding student withdrawals, collection of student fees and other payments
• Maintaining students’ files and ensuring they are up to date at all times
• Knowing and adhering to all College administrative and academic processes
• Ensuring student confidentiality and privacy is upheld
What qualifications are we looking for from you?
• Post-secondary education in areas such as Business, Communications, Marketing or other related fields
• Results-driven and experienced working in a high performance work environment focused on metrics
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to build rapport with a diverse client base
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Campus Login and/or other CRM platforms (desirable)
• Superior organization and time management skills
• Experience working in a college environment is a strong asset
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Bredin College of Business and Health Care seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and Indigenous peoples). Bredin College of Business and Health Care will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons. Bredin College of Business and Health Care strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect
discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Bredin College of Business and Health Car will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.