Accounting Instructor – Red Deer (Part-Time)
Do you possess a passion for teaching and advancing the goals of others by sharing your Accouting knowledge and expertise in the classroom? Bredin College of Business & Health Care provides diploma programs for today’s learners that prepare them to successfully meet the needs of employers. The Accounting Instructor will be supporting our students by teaching Accounting Principles, Quickbooks and Sage in our Computerized Accouting Diploma Program. We are looking for an energenic, self directed individual who has a passion for continued learning and helping others to be a part of our great team.
- Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Compassionate – Shows concern and empathy in a supportive manner to colleagues and clients.
- Continuous Improvement – Strives to improve job responsibilities through developing skills and increasing knowledge.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Promotes an inclusive environment exemplified by understanding all cultural groups.
- Leadership – Works well with a wide range of individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement, and direction.
- Organization – Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Results Orientation – Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals, and objectives, as well as the performance and/or achievements of others.
- Facilitate accounting core curriculum: Accounting Principles, QuickBooks and Sage
- Address student questions, focusing on areas of greatest difficulty
- Assess needs, set goals, and formulate plans of action for student improvement, and follow up and provide feedback on individual progress
- Act as a positive role model
- Maintain a safe, clean, welcoming, and positive learning environment at all times
- Provide students with moral support and encouragement
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting
- Three years of related experience
- Previous experience in a Facilitator, Training and/or Instructor role is preferred.
- Energetic, self directed and is familiar with accounting priciples, Quickbooks and Sage.
- Broad knowledge of teaching methods
- Ability to recognize individual learning styles and the characteristics of learners
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion